The Iowa Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics provides the following Member Benefits:
- Advocacy for pediatric health care
- Communication opportunities with state officials and other key decision makers
- Education at discounted rates, including CME courses; public and community education programs
- Networking with other physicians and healthcare professionals
- Publications from Chapter and Academy providing information, as well as media outlet for members
- Recognition for outstanding service and care of Iowa's children
- Representation concerning national policy-making decisions
- Participation in various programs affecting children's lives
The AAP Member Center provides additional information concerning Academy memberships, including a very useful FAQ section. If you are interested in learning more about becoming a member, please contact us or use the links below to join:
- To join both national and the chapter: click here.
- Already a national member and wish to join the chapter: click here.
- I would only like to join the chapter at this time: download this form.
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), through its Chapter Champion programs, identifies chapter members to serve as a conduit for disseminating best policies and practices through the chapter membership on a variety of pediatric health care issues. The Chapter Champion programs also serve as a mechanism by which pediatricians can advocate for change at the local, state and national levels.
Learn more about the current Chapter Champions and open opportunities here.
Advisory Councils and Committees
Members of the Iowa Chapter of AAP participate on a variety of state advisory councils and committees. Learn more about opportunities to serve here.