Iowa's Project LAUNCH initiative, in collaboration with the Iowa Department of Public Health, Child Health Specialty Clinics, and the University of Iowa Stead Family Children's Hospital, is sponsoring a virtual conference targeted to healthcare professionals on the topic of infant and early childhood mental health! We invite you to view six FREE presentations recorded by local experts in the field. Although the presentations are targeted to healthcare professionals, they are free and available to anyone with an interest in infant and early childhood mental health.
You can access the presentations beginning on Aug. 17th by visiting www.iowaprojectlaunch.org. The presentations will be available for viewing until Sept. 2nd.
Presentations include the following:
- Current and Future Innovations in Trauma Informed Care, presented by Dr. Amy Shriver, MD, Pediatrician at Blank Children's Hospital
- Approaches to Addressing Behavioral Problems in Children, presented by Dr. Nate Noble, DO, Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics and Medical Genetics at Blank Children's Hospital
- The Neurobiology of Attachment in Pregnancies Affected by Prenatal Substance Use, presented by Dr. Ira Chasnoff, MD, Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Chicago
- Assessing and Treating Young Children with Mental Health Problems, presented by Dr. Kelly Pelzel, PhD, Clinical Psychologist and Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Iowa
- Introduction to the Iowa Pediatric Mental Health Collaborative, presented by Dr. Thomas Scholz, MD, Director, University of Iowa Division of Child and Community Health and Child Health Specialty Clinics
- Integrative Medicine Approaches to Address Childhood ADHD Symptoms, presented by Shannon Myers, Certified Mental Health Integrative Medicine Provider
Free CME credit/participation certificates are available to Iowa healthcare professionals who view the presentations between Aug. 17th and Aug. 28th! To receive these certificates, simply view the presentations, respond to the brief assessment following each presentation, and complete the session evaluations. Each step must be completed no later than Aug. 28th to receive your free certificates.
Additional information can be found on the attached brochure. If you have any questions, please email Rhonda.Rairden-Nelson@idph.iowa.gov or call 515-201-6204.